Software Translation & Localization
As a matter of convenience and productivity, users of computer software expect software to be in their language. All GUI messages should appear in their native language and users should be able to input dates, numbers and other data in their language formats whilst using standard keyboard characters. Error messages should also be easily understood, rather than being only in English. Software translation is much more about translating an entire product rather than just the text, and at MO Group International we provide a complete software localization service.
Successful software localization is the result of localization (L10n) and internationalization (i18n) developments. Localization is the process of adapting software for a specific region or language by adding locale-specific components and translating text. Internationalization is the process of designing a software application so that it can be adapted to various languages and regions without engineering changes. These processes function simultaneously and when combined, will produce software that functions worldwide.
The main points of i18n and L10n are:
- Writing direction
- Numerical systems
- Spelling variations
- Culture adaptations
- Writing Conventions
MO Group International uses a detailed localization process that includes the following:
- Preparation Tasks:
- Project schedule creation
- Source files analysis and verification
- Project team qualification check and selection
- Analysis of the product and terminology verification
- Contextual data collection
- Special instructions verification
- Linguistic and Translation Tasks:
- Localization of software strings
- Localization of online help
- Localization of online documentation
- Localization of all related marketing and technical material
- Engineering Tasks:
- Extraction of text strings from the software
- Character length calculations and corrections
- Adaptation of accelerator keys, tooltips, tab order, menu options, buttons
- Adaptation of sorting orders in list boxes
- Compiling of the help files using help authoring tools
- Localization of multimedia files and embedded graphics containing text
- Re-creation of sound effects containing text
- Testing Tasks:
- Terminology verification
- Consistency checks against localized software
- Localization testing
- GUI testing
- Functional testing
At MO Group International we have extensive resources and detailed processes to ensure that your software localization project is managed seamlessly. Your international customers will be able to interact with your software in their own language, in a setting that is comfortable for them.
All project managers and consultants at MO Group International offer support and advice throughout the entire software translation process and we guarantee accurate and affordable delivery of your localized software.
The MO Group International approach
- Relevant Experience – we have hands-on knowledge of the technical requirements of software localization.
- Methodology – we hold reviews at regular intervals and have procedures in place to identify and address risks and defects early in the software localization process.
- Framework – our translation services are proactive in assisting your developers with the most technical details of internationalization and localization. Additionally, we not only identify risks and issues but we suggest solutions.
- Framework – we ensure first-class quality with dedicated service teams and unparalleled quality assurance procedures.
MO Group International can help your company achieve all its software translation needs, delivering the very best for your business and clients. Our work is never complete until our clients are totally satisfied.
Contact MO Group International for a free quote for your software translation project.